One option to find the last few executed queries is by using server-side trace for a short time and collect the SQL statements executed. The best and reliable technique is to use the Extended Events.
How do I find recent queries in SQL Server?
How to Check SQL Server Query History
- Queries are saved in the cache via system representations (sys. dm_exec_query_stats, sys. dm_exec_sql_text, and sys. …
- Using SQL Server Profiler.
- Using Extended Events.
- Using the Query Store, starting from the 2016 version.
- Using SQL Complete (SQL CompleteExecution History) in SSMS.
Can I see historical queries run on a SQL Server database?
There is no way to see queries executed in SSMS by default. There are several options though. Reading transaction log – this is not an easy thing to do because its in proprietary format. However if you need to see queries that were executed historically (except SELECT) this is the only way.
How do I find SQL Server query logs?
View Log Files
- In Object Explorer, expand Management.
- Do either of the following: Right-click SQL Server Logs, point to View, and then click either SQL Server Log or SQL Server and Windows Log. Expand SQL Server Logs, right-click any log file, and then click View SQL Server Log. You can also double-click any log file.
How do I find stored procedure execution history in SQL Server?
To view the results you can use 2 methods:
- Right click on Server Audit object and click on “View Audit Log”:
- Query the audit files directly to limit the number of columns/rows or to filter by the stored procedure name:
How do I get query history in SQL Developer?
To access history commands:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Commands. The SQL Commands page appears.
- Click the History tab. The list of commands in History appears in the display pane.
- Click the partial command displayed in the SQL column. The command appears in the editor.
How do I find MySQL query history?
How to show the queries log in MySQL?
- Enable Query logging on the database. SET global general_log = 1; SET global log_output = ‘table’;
- Now you can view the log by running this query: SELECT * FROM mysql. general_log;
- If you want to disable query logging on the database, run this query: SET global general_log = 0;
Which user is executed query in SQL Server?
- Get SessionID by user: exec sp_who;
- Use this: select a.session_id, st.text as QueryText from sys.dm_exec_connections a CROSS APPLY sys.Dm_exec_sql_text(a.most_recent_sql_handle) st where a.session_id = SessionID;
Where are the transaction logs stored in SQL?
The data and transaction log files are stored in the root of the database directory. The database directory is the folder location specified when the database is created.
How do you find where a stored procedure is used?
Expand Databases, expand the database in which the procedure belongs, and then expand Programmability. Expand Stored Procedures, right-click the procedure and then click View Dependencies. View the list of objects that depend on the procedure. View the list of objects on which the procedure depends.
How do you find out when a stored procedure was last executed?
Last Execution Date Time of a Stored Procedure
- USE DBName.
- SELECT. O.name, PS.last_execution_time.
- FROM. sys.dm_exec_procedure_stats PS.
- INNER JOIN sys.objects O.
- ON O.[object_id] = PS.[object_id]