For the existing view, you can go to the Properties of the view in SSMS, add users in the Permissions, and then grant select permission in the permissions list. Or use the following statement to grant user permissions: GRANT SELECT ON OBJECT::[schema]. [yourview] TO User1,User2.
How do I grant view database permissions in SQL Server?
To grant the View Server State permission, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases, right-click the Microsoft Forecaster database, and then click Properties.
- Click Permissions, and then click View server permissions.
How do I grant privileges to all users in SQL?
To GRANT ALL privileges to a user , allowing that user full control over a specific database , use the following syntax: mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name. * TO ‘username’@’localhost’;
Can we use grant command on view?
The GRANT command is used to confer system, database, table and view privileges to specified AuthID(s).
How do I grant select all tables in SQL Server?
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the desired Server.
- Click the New Query button.
- Select the desired database from the dropdown in the toolbar.
- To grant Select to all tables in the database, copy and paste the following into your Query window:
How do I grant permission to run a user in SQL Server?
Use SQL Server Management Studio
Expand Stored Procedures, right-click the procedure to grant permissions on, and then select Properties. From Stored Procedure Properties, select the Permissions page. To grant permissions to a user, database role, or application role, select Search.
How do I grant all privileges to a user in Oracle SQL Developer?
How to Grant All Privileges to a User in Oracle
- CREATE USER super IDENTIFIED BY abcd1234; The super user created. …
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO super; …
- Enter user-name: super@pdborcl Enter password: …
- SELECT * FROM session_privs ORDER BY privilege; …
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to alice;
How do you GRANT SELECT access to all tables in a schema?
Grant SELECT on all tables in a schema to a user
Unfortunately, Oracle doesn’t directly support this using a single SQL statement. To work around this, you can select all table names of a user (or a schema) and grant the SELECT object privilege on each table to a grantee.
How do I view a view in SQL Server?
In Object Explorer, expand the database that contains the view to which you want to view the properties, and then expand the Views folder. Right-click the view of which you want to view the properties and select View Dependencies. Select Objects that depend on [view name] to display the objects that refer to the view.
How do you write a GRANT command in SQL?
SQL GRANT Command
- The Syntax for the GRANT command is: …
- For Example: GRANT SELECT ON employee TO user1; This command grants a SELECT permission on employee table to user1. …
- For Example: REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM user1;This command will REVOKE a SELECT privilege on employee table from user1.
How do I grant permissions in SQL Server Management Studio?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
Right-click a stored procedure and select Properties. In the Stored Procedure Properties -stored_procedure_name dialog box, under select a page, select Permissions. Use this page to add users or roles to the stored procedure and specify the permissions those users or roles have.
How do I grant select privileges in mysql?
To grant a privilege with GRANT , you must have the GRANT OPTION privilege, and you must have the privileges that you are granting. (Alternatively, if you have the UPDATE privilege for the grant tables in the mysql system schema, you can grant any account any privilege.)
How do I grant a Dbcreator role in SQL Server?
In the Login screen from the menu on the left, select Select a Page > Server Roles. Select dbcreator and click OK. Close the SQL Management Server Studio.